The Icon Inspiration Series: Erykah Badu

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I have been greatly influenced by the extreme talent and down right funk of Erykah Badu. I remember the first time, back in 1997, when I came across her and her music video for "On & On". I was instantly mesmerized. I felt a kindred affinity and become a follower to her musical and style gospel. I can't even begin to tell you how fast I started wrapping my head in colorful and printed fabrics, wearing that look for about three years at any time I could. This simple act, of inspired style daring and of mimicry, let me know that I really was (and still is) truly someone who understood her "Baduizm". Forward thirteen years later, and Erykah Badu still resonates in my personal lexicon. I love her music and its message of Unity and Experience, and of course, you cannot escape her fantastic fashion risk and daring.
She is Her Self:



No one else is like her and this is a reminder to me that Unique is definite, special, and something worth Being.

-feelgoodguru
(photos via erykahbadu.com; video via pinboardblog.com/Hot 97 FM)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A Fashionable Feel... All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger