I'm A Comforted Creature

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

a look at the new CoC NYC boutique
(photo courtesy CoC)
In the grand scheme that is Los Angeles retail, there is a place amongst it that aims to be all about ease, simplicity, and comfort. One of my favorite boutiques here, Creatures of Comfort, is that place. The well edited and appointed boutique on Melrose is my go-to source for many of my favorite contemporary lines, like Alexander Wang, Zero + Maria Cornejo, Christian Wijnants, and United Bamboo (to name a few) as well as the best place to get a pair of Repetto's (their selection is fantastic and varied beyond the usual suspects). They recently opened a NYC boutique, which means their inventory has grown and now serves a bi-coastal contemporary/androgynous aesthetic. I've recently scored a few Alexander Wang items, my birthday outfit (a wonderful silk jumpsuit by Complex Geometries), a pair of navy and white United Bamboo ankle boots, and my fall season go-to jacket, an Acne silk/linen blazer (oversized a la Carrie Bradshaw in SATC 2), and some great pieces for a client's recent photo editorial. The shop girls are smart and very helpful and non-intrusive. They tell
me that the clientele is easy and comfortable and come in just to hang (all signs of a great store IMO). They have an online store as well but a visit to the store is a must. I tell you, I just adore this place!


Creatures of Comfort NYC 205 Mulberry St. New YorkNY 10012


Creatures of Comfort LA 7971 Melrose Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90046

-fggofstyle
Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A Fashionable Feel... All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger