The Ultimate Suit

Thursday, November 5, 2009


Ever since I saw the Chanel Autumn/Winter 2009 RTW show (alas, not in person but via video pod cast) I was struck by the sheer ingenuity and futuristic expression of the silk and cashmere geometric print body suit. My jaw dropped. I was struck by awe. It spoke volumes-both retro (print) and future (fabrication) time line straddling, the ultimate in body consciousness, sleek feline expressionism (who else better comes to mind but Catwoman)- this hot ticket item was/is perfect in pushing th Chanel brand into a new stratosphere. What also struck an interesting chord with me was "who is the Chanel client that would wear this body suit?" I'm sure she's not the classic older woman (the one who could afford the price tag). Perhaps her daughter? No kids, I think its her grand daughter! How genius actually. The body suit, with its strong aesthetic, really does cross all the age lines. I could definitely picture Betty Catroux wearing this (mixed with her YSL staples), or Ivana Trump (languishing around her apartment), or Rihanna (rocking the body suit on stage). We leave the target and its message to the designer himself. Lagerfeld clearly visualized his Chanel woman in this great look (perhaps this came to him in a dream?): she is timeless, she is fierce, she is chic, she is Chanel, she is woman.
-feelgoodguru
[photo credit: Style.com]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A Fashionable Feel... All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger